June 13, 2013
In true Toronto fashion, this summer is shaping up to be hot and humid. Need a little reprieve from the heat? Why not treat yourself to some refreshing minty goodness.
Mint is made a comeback this spring and we’ve been seeing it everywhere – from sneakers to leather purses to the planters on the side of the road. Sitting right on the border between green and blue, mint is a surprisingly versatile shade, pulling out cool tones from whatever it’s paired with. We love how brings out the blue in that pebbly fabric, for example, and how against the blue walls of the shop, the mint yarn used to crochet that beautiful tank goes a little greener. Are you a fan of mint? How do you plan to use it this season?
1. Tosh Sock in Celadon
2. Fat quarters in (top to bottom): Freespirit Designer Instincts in Dusty Blue, Freespirit Designer Beads in Mist, Freespirit Designer Solids in Light Jade
3. A locally made yarn bowl stuffed with the fat quarters from (2)
4. A variation on Anouk by Debbie Bliss, crocheted in SMC Belisia in Mint
5. Top to bottom: Freespirit Designer Beads in Mist, Freespirit Designer Solids in Light Jade, Freespirit Designer Solids in Aqua
6. Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk in Plume (#103)
7. Classic Elite Yarns Magnolia in Pale Teal (#5415)
8. The Fibre Company Organik in Aquatic Forest